• Look for images aligned with the EV profile (bright with less color)
• Use images of less saturation or change the main color to green
• Crop images close
• Remove unnecessary details
• Manipulate the size and composition before you import the image to the Wip
• Save images as jpg high quality, Graphics as gif in sufficient colors
How to work with images in Photoshop or Photoshop ElementsIt is always good to edit your images before you import them into the Wip. For campaigns, and images in the matrix you should always work in the exact pixel size see formats. Product pictures may not be in the exact format, but you should anyway resize the image in Photoshop before you import it to the image library in Wip.
How to create images in for the matrix:1. Create a new Photoshop document. Name the file matrix template (that way you can use it the next time you want a similar image).
2. Set the size to 154 pixels width and 86 pixels height. Resolution 72 pixels/inch, color mode RGB color, 8 bit. Background contents white
3. Open the image you want to use in Photoshop. Copy the image (to copy the image you have to first mark the area you want to copy with the marker tool or you can press "ctrl" "a" to select the entire image) after copying "ctrl" "c" you can paste "ctrl" "v" the image into the matrix template.
At this point you most likely will se a small pice of the image you copied in the matrix template. This is because it is still the original size.
4. Choose. Edit > Transform > Scale from the menu. Depending on you Photoshop version you might find this option under "image" in stead. A horizontal bar will now appear at the top of you screen. The first symbol is a square with nine white dots. Choose the upper left dot in this square. Enter the value 10% in the field "w" and "h". This action scales down the image to 10% and you can now use the handles to resize the image and find the right composition. Always hold the shift key while resizing to keep the image proportions. Double click when you have the right size and cropping.
5. Choose. File > Save for web and devices, in the top menu. In this image choose 2-up. This makes it possible for you to see the original image together withe the compressed image. If the artwork is an image choose jpg high quality, if the artwork is a logo or other clean graphics choose gif.
6. Press save and store the image in one of your local folders. Remember not to use capital letters or local letters like æ, ø, ö, õ, å, é, etc in the filename.
How to create images for the campaigns:Follow the same steps as you do for Images for matrix, but set the size to 274 x 102 pixels for small campaigns and 637 x 228 pixels for large campaigns.
If you want to add text in the campaigns use the type you find in the tools palette. Always use Arial Bold and Arial Regular if you don´t have the corporate font called Scene.
How to create images for employees:Images of employees should be with white background, see management at the .com site for style.
The size is 112 x 112 pixels. Use the same procedure as the matrix images.
How to make images of the products:This images do not need to be the exact size. The Wip will automatically scale this images to the right size (112 pxl width and flexible height).
Open the image in Photoshop. Make sure that there is white space around the object. Check the image size under "image size" under "Image" in the top menu. In the field "pixel dimensions" set the with to 150 pixels. The height will automatically follow the with so that the pro-potions are fixed.
Save the image for web (see point 6 above).